yes, i will be arrested on Wednesday April 12th.
a Davidson, NC police officer will arrive at my house in a marked car and whisk me away to serve my one-hour sentence.
i will be locked up to raise money for the MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY ASSOCIATION...my bail has been set at $3000 and they say i could be released on good behavior if i raise my bail prior to my court date...hee hee!!
all bail money raised will be turned over to the MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY ASSOCIATION to send kids to MDA summer camp.
here is what our money can do...
- when we raise $6000, we'll send 10 of Jerry's kids' to MDA summer camp for a week of fun and recreation geared to their abilities
- $3780 pays for an hour of MDA's research seeking treatments and cures for more than 40 neuromuscular diseases
- $2000 assists someone with the purchase of a wheelchair, leg braces or communication device.
- $1200 pays for 12 months of support group meetings helping families cope with the challenges of neuromuscular diseases
- $600 sends a kid to one of MDA's 90 summer camp sessions
- $200 covers diagnostic workup at one of MDA's 235 clinics
- $150 provides an expert consultation in physical, occupational and respiratory therapy
- $100 covers a vital support group meeting
- $63 keeps MDA's worldwide research program going for another minute
- $25 pays for a flu shot for someone for whom respiratory disease could be very dangerous
so today, i would like to use my blog to encourage and ask you to help make a difference in the lives of some very special children this summer (as well as help me get out of jail...hee hee).
if you are able to make a donation and help me raise some much needed money for a good cause then please click here and help get me out of jail.
Thank you so much!!!!
PS...i already asked and they have told me that i can take pictures!