for this weeks inspiration wednesday i played with crackle paste.
this is one of those things i have had in my stash because i wanted to use it and just hadn't gotten around to it. what the heck was i waiting for it is cool as hell!!!
one of the prompts in my new favorite book, "the crafter's devotional" (see July Creative Playground for more information) was to reuse old photographs. so instead i photocopied a photo and used it as the focal point on the page.
- i painted the background of the journal page blue and yellow ochre around the edges
- adhered a paint chip so that it extended beyond the page
- adhered the photocopy of the photo to the page
- brushed on a layer of crackle paste with a popsicle stick (it takes like 12 -24 hours for it to dry and crackle)
- brushed on a water-downed coat of turquoise paint over the crackle
- inked the page using antique linen distress ink and blending tool.
- sealed it with a couple layers of gel medium (i was worried it might just flake off the page)
- added the quote and a final layer of gel medium over the text.
to add a splash of color i stapled on the dried flowers and adhered some yellow paper flowers...makes me really happy!!
and just in case your wondering the chinese symbols on my arm say "inspired" (at least that's what they told me, LOL!)
what did you create this week?
what do we need to see...share your inspirations!