this weeks inspiration wednesday is a reminder to myself to get out of my head for race day on sunday. i really enjoy running and i have to remind myself to just be and enjoy. the reward at the finish line will be greater than i can imagine...
an accomplishment i want to BE present in.
a goal set for myself back in march and i know i can do it! it would be a shame to fret over the what if's and negatives and let the moment, the journey pass me by. thanks for reminding me of that this week. your comments always help shed perspective. i love the cyber world and the fact that we can connect like that. thanks so much.
here's the how to in my inspiration journal this week.
- used watercolor crayons to create the back ground blues and greens
- gessoed and adhered the grungeboard flourish to the page
- added sticker text. "be present in the moment so that it doesn't pass you by." (i tried to write a portion and didn't like it so i put stickers over it...looks like there is a hidden message beneath, lol)
- whitewashed over entire page with acrylic paint
- washed over with a layer of red acrylic
- pulled out the vintage Making memories metal letters to spell BE, i loved these and have been hoarding a secret stash of them.
- added quote text strip, "embrace the passion"
i have been creating in my studio again. OH FOR THE LOVE OF FABRIC!
check out my table top.
and aerial view...
i always end up working in a 6" space?
i also wanted to share this from my friend melissa mcgee (you know the monkey butt powder lady, lol). check out how cool the framed originals she bought look on her wall. Way to go trent, her husband for making them look awesome!
what did you create this week?
what do we need to see...leave a post and share your inspirations!