just having fun with stuff!
this weeks inspiration wednesday gave me time to rifle through my "mixed media" drawer and play with some of the supplies i have hoarded collected. i spent about 90 minutes layering on coats of paint and it was really fun!
here's the basic how to:
- lots and lots of layers of acrylic paint that were dripped and watered down (turquoise, yellow, white and red)
- a stripe of polka-dot 7 gypsies gaffer tape
- the flowers are grunge board that i painted with red acrylic paint and dripped a white wash of acrylic paint over.
- little yellow bicycle tags
- totally loved this quote bit of text on the tags, HAPPINESSISNOWHERE...how did you read it? read it again. the first time i read it, i read "nowhere". how about you?
- added some more butterfly grunge
- manila shipping tag (if you took my fabric class you know i have a thing for the holes)
- another grunge bird
- and topped the flowers off with some kaiser pearl bling.
i am on my way today to florida for 2 days to work with my art coach joanne. we will be working on assembling an art portfolio and prepping for CHA. crazy busy!
Bill will be guest posting on Thursday. i personally cant wait and have no idea what he will say, this should be FUN!
i leave you in his capable hands while i am gone and hope to be posting updates to my facebook via my iphone!
i hope you take the time to do something creative today and i REALLY hope that you feel comfortable posting a link to something you might have made time to create this week!
i will be checking in to see!