in keeping with my bird and bird cages love here is a little fun holiday tag project i want to share!
- 2 shipping tags
- bird on a wire edge punch
- tree vine double edge punch
- green cardstock
- large birdcage stamp - free to be stamp set
- bird stamp - embrace you stamp set
- black soot distress ink
- small white tag
- fired brick distress ink
- crushed olive distress ink
- black stazon
- black embossing ink
- clear UTEE
- quick dry 450
- liquid scrap dots
- create joy rubber stamp - red lead paperworks
- red seed beads
- broken china distress ink
- ink blending tool + foams
- tiny attacher
- masking tape
- quote strip "we wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas"
step by step:
- ink background tag with broken china distress ink and blending tool
- punch tree vine from green cardstock and adhere to edge of blue tag so that it extends over the tag edge
- punch edge of second tag using birds on the wire punch
- use masking tape to mask off the edge of the tag so that you just ink the birds (note: if your masking tape is really tacky, press it onto your pants or clothing a couple times to lesson the grip)
- use blending tool and ink the birds using black soot distress ink, then remove the masking tape.
- ink the rest of the tag with crushed olive or green distress ink
- stamp the birdcage using stazon
- stamp the bird inside the cage using black embossing ink. pour clear UTEE over bird and heat emboss.
- ink small white tag and text strip with fired brick distress ink
- stamp "create joy" in stazon and attach to tag using tiny attacher
- adhere quote strip along bird punched edge and trim to size
- adhere small seed beads to paper vine to create the look of holly berries
- use liquid scrap dots to create desired dimension (i like a lot of dimension), then adhere the bird tag to the background tag.
- allow to dry and voila your done!
the tag looks really cute when hung on the tree, a tag for a special gift or glue a magnet to the back and make it a gift!