on friday night we had OPEN STUDIO night, we always plan a fun new make 'n take and this friday we planned 2!
it was so much fun to create and the ladies created such unique versions of them at the studio, i thought it would be fun to share this one as a blog make 'n take!
here's what to do...
"i am an artist" tag
- using black stazon, stamp the Suzi Blu Party Girl stamp.
- using embossing ink stamp the small open flower stamp repetitively along the left side of a large manila tag.
- sprinkle clear UTEE and heat emboss design.
- Use watercolor to paint background of tag, over the embossing (the embossing will resist the watercolor), as well as the girls shirt and eyes.
- to create ruffle, I tore a strip register tape. this this paper is about 2" wide by 15 inches but you can substitute this by using 2 strips of computer paper. i crumbled it...uncrumbled it and sprayed it with glimmer mist. i used quick dry glue and gathered smushed the paper strip behind the tag to look like a ruffle.
- using black stazon i stamped "i am an artist".
- with a pencil, i traced a light outline a little larger than the glass bottle so it looks like she is holding the bottle. Using an x-acto knife, i cut out the shape. save that piece.
- using a second large manila tag, i used zap dots to adhere the finished tag on top of the second tag. press the cut piece back through the hole and adhere to the background tag, this creates a niche for the glass bottle to sit inside of.
- fill the bottle 1/3 of the way with chunky glass glitter, tuck in a paper message and cork.
- adhere bottle in niche using quick dry adhesive.
- embellish her dress using platinum liquid pearls.
- create tie using colored baker's twine.
"the simpliest things give me ideas" tag
this tag is created for the most part the same way as the first one, but instead...
- do not cut a niche, the glass glitter is added to the waist of the Suzi Blue Party Love stamp.
- instead of a glass bottle, i used the Tim Holtz glass light bulb as an "idea" over her head. these bulbs have holes in the back and i just poked holes in the tag and tied the bulb onto the tag using thread. it is kinda hard to explain with out showing but lets see if i can.
- the tread is through the two holes in the back of the bulb. i put each end of the thread through what looked like button holes in the tag, but instead of just tieing it in a knot in the back of the tag i threaded the thread through the opposite hole again and tied it on the front of the bulb. (Hope that makes sense?)
- the banner she is holding was cut using the Tim Holtz "tattered banners die" for the sizzix and stamped with black stazon to read "the simplest things give me ideas". then pop the banner up on zap dots
i would love to see what you create from this idea...
- share a link on my blog post
- a picture on my fan page
- or both!