we are starting to get altered brushes almost everyday at the studio...its like christmas every time we go to the mailbox. we have gotten so much response to this collaboration, i wanted to share with you the latest altered brushes as we receive them. i have a feeling in a couple weeks they will not be coming in one at a time so i want to make sure i keep you up to date with this amazing ART...truly, truly humbled by the creativity.
(if this is your first time hearing about "the Altered Brush Project" read here for its introduction and to see the first brushes that kicked of this awesome art collaboration.)
brush by Michelle Ward
our first international brush by one of my favorite Canadians, Karen Ellis
brush by our Studio manager, Melissa Mcclary (the locals will totally get the symbolism in her brush!)
brush by Pam Garrison
brush by local Artist Pascale Salahie
brush by Debbie Davis
even my mom, better known as "grandma cookie", has jumped on the bandwagon!
way to go MOM!
if you haven't already, join in today!
"The Altered Brush Project"
display your creativity, market your skills, join the art collaboration and own a place in the studio.
- Purchase one of our brushes & a spot on our wall. For your purchase you will receive one of our unfinished paintbrushes, space to display your altered brush and market yourself in the studio (price includes the cost of shipping).
- Alter the brush anyway your creative spirit takes you. They can be as simple or elaborate as you like NOTE: do not obstruct the hole in the handle so that it can be hung on the wall
- Sign and date the back of the brush giving it your artists’ signature!
- Attach your personal calling card (business card size) with any information about yourself you feel comfortable sharing that hangs through the hole in the brush handle
- Mail or return the brush to the studio:
donna downey studios
501 s old statesville rd.
huntersville, nc 28078
i will share pictures of every brush we get back and how they look on the walls as the collaborative art installation grows!
Join "the Altered Brush Project" collaboration TODAY!!