i saw this idea on pinterest and was totally inspired to try it for myself!
we have always had a small window/door style advent calendar, inside each door would be a small candy or a coin or 2. the kids have always loved waking up and opening their door...just the surprise of it even though it was never a big token always made it special.
this year i thought it might be fun to get small dollar store or fun style games and gifts to fill the bags and make everyday leading up to the holiday a little more exciting!!
and to be honest, i love watching their faces each morning, its selfish but they are growing up so fast i want to savor every moment of innocence and joy.
so this is our version.
- i had Liz, our shipping manager at the studio bring me in a good looking branch from her beautifully wooded property (and it was the perfect size, i didnt cut it or anything).
- i bought most of the bags from Michaels
- used some large number stamps and embossed the numbers 1-25 on the bag fronts.
- then raided my stash of tapes, ribbons and yarns and attached each bag to the stick.
- i found some large command hooks and the branch fit perfectly in the hook (again, lucky!!)
each day i will have them cut down their bag and hopefully capture the fun with camera ready, lol!!