Cheryl has been active in the craft industry since right after dinosaurs ruled the earth. She is the author of "Metal Effects", the A to Z of METALworks (DVD & CD) and two Die Cut Art books.
As the owner of TENseconds Studio she conducts mixed media workshops all over the world. Her passion for arts include; calligraphy, PMC, working in metal, fabricating jewelry and showing others how to "metalize their worlds!" She loves to show people how to use her VerDay Paints and Patina which go on anything and everything. She has produced hundreds of videos on her website about metal embossing and VerDay Paints.
Her hobbies are collecting vintage printer’s type, yard art and old neon sign letters; which she stores in her studio. She has recently taken up wood turning and is able to combine her love of mixed media with wood. She lives in Texas with her husband, Ken and has two adult children. She has grandchildren but they have four legs and are extremely hairy. Her adult children do not understand that she wants the two-legged variety.
insert pic of finished project
I decided to make these supplies into an earring holder with a metal embossed surface using the flower stamp. This video ended up being longer than needed so I decided to up the speed and thus the chipmunk sound. You can mute everything or if you wish, go to YouTube and watch the entire video at the actual speed.
Earring Holder with Wood Palette
- Using the round tip large eraser, puff out the metal on the silver side which is on top of the dark grey mat
- Using the pointed tip refiner make squiggling designs on the backgound of the copper side. This can be done on the acrylic mat. Apply acrylic paint and rub into the designs and then wipe off in one direction.
- Adhere the adhesive and attach and cut around the edge of finished piece. Apply the Black Krink Marker around the entire edge of the piece.
- Drill holes into the finished piece where needed
- Take craft wire and use that as the hanger
Ten Seconds Studio Supplies Used:
- Basic Set, Large Eraser Set, Wheel Set B, Finishing Set
- Paper Stump
- Mat Set
- Copper Foil Metal
- Killer Adhesive
- Box Cutter
- Other Supplies:
- Stazon Ink Pad
- Acrylic Paints
- Paint Brush