this is the project i taught at cha for Faber Castell (Design Memory Craft line). the bold bright colors and the mixed use of these products was a fun challenge. i had so much fun watching the students interpret and transform these products into designs of their own, i thought it would be fun to share it with you today.
i would love to see what you are inspired to create. feel free to post your images here so we can all see!
- 8x8 stretched canvas
- Big Brush PITT pens
- medium poppies
- large bird foam stamp
- small canvas banners
- "art & possibility" stamp set
- 2 part shipping tag
- black dr martins bombay india ink
- book text
- spray fixative
- color and fill the background of the canvas with blocks of gelato color
- use your thumb to blend each block and soften the look. the color will blend like an oil pastel.
- spray a really heavy layer of spray fixative or a med layer of matte finish spray over the gelato to seal them in place.
- use big brush PITT pens to accent and shadow around each color block by quickly blending with your finger.
- add india ink circles and allow to dry. once dry, tear circles of booktext and adhere inside. color each circle with gelato.
- add white dotts of gesso by dipping the end of a small paintbrush into paint and pressing to canvas.
- distress edges of canvas banner with big brush PITT pen
- stamp text onto banner using black big brush PITT pen
- apply gelato to bird stamp and stamp onto white cardtock. cut around bird stamp and once dry stamp text using black big brush PITT pen.
- rub wet paintbrush onto blue gelato and splatter color onto tag.
- dip poppy flower into gesso
- run ribbon through banners and assemble your collage.